A comprehensive insurance policy covering the Insured against accidental bodily injury and/or illness.
What does the Personal Accident Insurance Cover?
The Policy covers the Insured
- Against accidental bodily injury resulting in the death, permanent total disablement, temporary total disablement, loss of sight and/or loss of limbs or necessitating medical or surgical treatment.
- Illness resulting in disablement.
What does the Personal Accident Insurance exclude?
The policy is subject to certain exclusions, some of which are:
- War, acts of terrorism, loss, damage or liability arising from nuclear weapons material and radioactive contamination.
- Flying in an aircraft other than as a passenger, mountaineering, racing other than on foot, swimming, yacht racing.
- Pre-existing diseases.
- Hernia or illness connected with the female genital organs.
- Accidental bodily injury for persons over the age of two and illness for persons over the age of 65.
- Reduced benefits where the Insured is engaging in certain activities like diving, boxing, rugby etc.
Who can Benefit from the Personal Accident Insurance?
Individuals, shopkeepers, factory owners, hoteliers and others (professionals, businessmen, organisations)
Some Advantages of the Personal Accident Insurance
- Ability to choose the Sum Insured
- Cover is offered on a 24-hour basis
- The accident cover is offered on a worldwide basis while the disease cover is offered in selected countries only
- Cover for the use of a motorcycle of up to 250 c.c.
- The medical expenses cover applies irrespective of the Insured being hospitalised or not.